List View of Events
— All the important dates, right here,..
1st year Anniversary of PADC at The Merge CV!
Save the date! November 3rd marks our1st year Anniversaryin our new gorgeous space! And we are going to celebrate all day!
We will have an in-studio performance featuring works in progress from our Nutcracker and competition dancers, as well as some of our teachers performing including Christopher Nolen our competition director, and Patricia Freund singing! 5pm to 7pm
There will be Silent Auction items as we raise funds to support PADC's growth into our 2nd year as PADC! ,
Yummy potluck of food, bake sale, cash bar from the restaurant below, and much more!
Save the date and look for more info to come!
Pacific Arts Dance Center Dancers!
We would like to present our competition, ballet academy, studio & R.A.D. dancers, ages 11 to 18, with a wonderful opportunity!
We have planned a Disney Dance Workshop Day in which dancers will learn choreography from Disney choreographers, participate in a mock audition, and receive constructive criticism from Disney professionals.
This is a great opportunity for your dancers to get a taste of what is in store for their professional career!
Our Disney Dance Workshop Day will take place Sunday, October 28th.
For the one day workshop and day pass into DISNEYLAND! This is a steal of a deal!
Depending on the number of dancers interested, we may have to ask for some parent chaperones to assist with driving together to Anaheim.
At time to gather and meet one another, for students and their families!
Please join us for a Family “Potluck”/Gathering, Sunday, October 7th, 4pm to 6pm.
We are looking at hosting the event at the Mason Room below our Studio. Stay tuned for more info.
See you there!
We are excited to get out Nutcracker 2018 Auditionsunderway. Here are some audition preparationguidelines to help you feel prepared for your audition. Nutcracker Auditions are tomorrow, Saturday August 25th.
· Please come in your black leotard and pink tights.
· Hair is in a tight, slicked back bun with no swipies.
· Please bring your pink ballet shoes and character shoes if you have them.
· Pre-teen dancers, please bring your pointe shoes.
· Please bring your water bottle into the studio with you.
· Please arrive at least 30 minutes early to your audition to fill out your form and get a number.
· There could possibly be a line, so please arrive with plenty of time.
· There is a $25 Audition fee/Casting fee.
· All dancers will be cast in the production.
· Dancers, please eat a protein filled breakfast and lunch for strength and endurance. Please get plenty of rest the night before so you can show your best, feel confident and avoid injury.
Here are some other details about the show and the commitment:
· The Nutcracker Balletis December 15th& 16that California Center for the Arts, Concert Hall. Saturday Dec. 15thevening, 6pm performance, and a Dec. 16thSunday matinee 2pm performance.
· All dancers MUST be able to do both shows. No exceptions.
· The participation fee is $425.
· The Nutcracker fee includes choreography, rehearsal times, costumes, costume management costs, production costs, co-directors in rehearsals, etc. Costumes are the property of PADC.
· For the youngest dancers (Munchkin Company), ages 4 & young 5s, the participation fee is $225. Rehearsals for this group start the last weekend in September, the 29thand will rehearse on Saturday afternoons.
· The participation fee for the Adult Dance Ensemble and the Adults in the Party Scene is $225.
· The Adult Dance Ensemble en pointe rehearsal slot is Monday nights, 8:45pm to 9:30pm.
· Adults in the Party Scene rehearse Saturday evenings, approx. times as of now 4pm to 6pm. Rehearsals for Adults in the Party Scene will start, September 15th.
· Rehearsals for our students will be on Saturday and a scene will also be on Sundays. Please let us know which day or days you are available to rehearse.
· The Rehearsal times are between 12:30pm & 7pm on Saturdays, 1pm to 4pm on Sundays. There will be a detailed rehearsal schedule once the casting is complete.
· Every dancer participating, no matter the age or level, will be considered for at least two roles, one in Act 1 and one in Act 2. Advanced dancers will be in multiple roles and some leads. We will also have some professional dancers in the performance.
· Our goal is to have Casting for the Nutcrackerout by the evening of Friday, August 31st.
· Nutcracker fees are due when the Nutcracker Agreement is due before the first rehearsals. Nutcracker Agreements and fees are due by Saturday, September 8th.
· ALL DANCERS MUST ATTEND ALL THEIR REHEARSALS.
· Nutcracker rehearsals start Saturday, September 15thand Sunday, September 16thfor Pre-Pro, Senior, Junior & Youth Companies.
· There are only twoEXCUSED, PRE-APPROVED absences from rehearsals. Any more then that will result in possibly being removed from the show. There are NO refundsfor show fees as the entire production & choreography is based on the acceptance of your roles.
The Artist Team of Choreographers and Rehearsal Assistants will be Marie Arts as Director, Igor Yurlov as Ballet Master, Brandi Jelks as rehearsal assistant, Sydney Arts as rehearsal assistant and production
I. August 25th Nutcracker Auditions for Children, Pre-Teens, Adults for the Party Scene
1:00pm-1:45pm- Pre Ballet ages 4-5yrs
1:45pm-2:30pm- Training Level 1/ages 5-7yrs
2:30pm-3:15pm- Training Level 3/ages 9-11yrs
3:15pm-4:00pm- Training Level 2/ages 7-9yrs
4:00pm-4:45pm- Training Level 4/ages 12-14yrs
4:45pm-5:45pm- Party scene: Party Girls, Fritz, Dolls, Clara Training Levels 2 & 4/ages 7-9yrs & 12-14yrs
5:45pm-6:15pm- Clara call backs
6:15pm-7:00pm- Adults for Party Scene
III. August 27th Nutcracker Audition for Adult Dancers en Pointe, int/adv level
8:45pm - 9:15pm after adult class on that Monday
August 20th – 24th: Competition Choreography Bootcamp & Ballet Intensive
9am to 3:30pm &
Tuesday & Thursday 6pm – 8pm Rehearsals
Interested in our Ballet Academy?! Here is our next Ballet Academy evaluation time. Not quite a full audition, but classes where we will be evaluating any dancers who are interested in our Ballet Academy:
Saturday, August 18th
Ballet Academy Evaluation Classes:
9:45am – 10:45 Ballet Class Audition for Training Level 1 & possibly TL 2, ages 5 to 7
$25 or class card
with Amanda Daly in Studio C
10:45am – 11:45am Ballet Class Audition for Training Level 2 & TL 3, ages 7 to 11
$25 or class card
with Amanda Daly in Studio C
10:30am – 12:30pm Ballet Class Audition for Training Level 4 & TL 5, ages 12 to 18
$25 or class card
with Mr Igor in Studio A
Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot