— Unleash your team spirit and your passion for dance! We foster a healthy competitive program where you can showcase your talents and support your teammates at the same time. Our Competition Program nurtures and trains our dancers for a dance pathway in Commercial Dance.
Our Competition Teams, in Jazz, Lyrical, Hip-hop and Musical Theater, represent the best that PADC has to offer in the dance competition scene, where dancers perform and are judged by some of the most prestigious names in the dance industry. These dancers are motivated to be the best they can be and perform often. PADC promotes a fun, supportive and positive experience for them. Career potential pathways for this track are Commercial Dance as well as the potential for auditioning for Musical Theater productions.
Competition Program Highlights & Requirements
- Year-long commitment; dancers attend fall, spring, and summer classes, performances, conventions, workshops and competitions.
- Jazz, Lyrical Class requirements, 5 to 9+ classes a week (depends on level) and a weekly team rehearsals.
- Elective classes provide dancers the chance to diversify their training.
- Competition requirements: 3 to 5 competitions per season.
- Required Ballet classes in the Ballet Academy Training Levels.
- We will also keep our popular In-Studio Choreographers Showcases, “Imaginarium” in April that the pre-teen and teen teams will be required to perform.
- Optional additional performance opportunities main stage theater productions, "The Nutcracker" & "Beauty & the Beast", and around the community.
Competition Program Details
Required Classes for TEAMS:
- 1x a week Jazz, Lyrical, Turns & Leaps Classes in their Training Level
- Team Rehearsal Blocks per week
- Must take Ballet Academy Training Level Ballet Class 1 to 3x a week, depending on level/age (RAD substitute for one Ballet requirement)
- Must take 2 to 4 supporting Jazz Electives, depending on Training Level/age
- Jazz Fusion
- Turns & Leaps
- Contemporary Ballet
Our Teams include opportunities for dancers Intermediate through Advanced, ages 7 to 18!
There are age and level appropriate Teams in the different dance genres: Jazz, Lyrical, Hip-hop, and Musical Theater, even a new Contemporary Ballet Team!